Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Well...same old same old... nufin new there then

A new year dawns and time for some light reflection.

Yes its still raining each Saturday and not a jot has been done to the poor old MG.
All she can do is flap her makeshift polythene cover listlessly in the wind.
I can't even be bothered to re-tie down the noisy thing. I just peer at her each morning and pray for summer and cash.
The new year started like the old one finished, seamless and without fuss.
I fact I think I was first into bed before the missus, and asleep and snoring soundly before the appointed hour.
Made me laugh later on though recalling last new years eve to wifey.
We had ma- in- law staying overnight.
A fine woman and in full control of all her marbles. But..................
of all the towns etc. She decides that at 10.30 her waterworks are not functioning as they should. By 11.15 it was time for immediate action so off goes wifey an said ma-in law to local clinic/casualty..............credit to our good old NHS. They had her sorted and back ensconced in front of TV by 11.45.
I was Incumbent on sofa with leg in plaster, so that's a fair excuse. Besides, I needed lots of whisky to dull my pain. One visit up 15 steps with leg in full cast is enough to make anyone grumpy.
Work seems to have taken priority since the hols with my area almost doubling.... not the pay though. Still, I imagine I'll get more nights away and see a lot more of this fair and sceptered Isle.
I have seen more cardboard boxes though this year already!

No comments: