Thursday, July 02, 2020

Another major part ready to be fitted.

Yes, after many a long year stood on its end in the airing cupboard, the complete dash is ready to fit   
( minus four switches).

Spent the day dis-assembling the dash, cleaning, checking bulbs, polishing and refitting.
Yo....look see.




 It took best part of three hours, with lots of photos so I could remember where all the wires went.  Many many moons ago ( 12 years to be exact) when I removed the dash I remember the four switches falling apart when being unplugged. I remember looking at the prices at the time......nay bother I thought  roughly £5/8 each. 
Now one is £22 FFS, another £18 and the others similar. 
Using my Lostsock cunning and a little common sense the coloured  Bentley wiring diagram says they are :  Hazard warning switch, Heated rear window switch, 2 pos Fan switch + one other I can't identify as it just says "courtesy light/ door light " ?

There is only one bulb not working on the whole dash believe it or not. I bought one locally for £1...bargain. 
I actually bought two hoping one would fit the "unknown" lampholder . However I've wasted a whole pound as it did not
So, my resolution is " Do not replace if it works, Only buy whats needed to pass the M.O.T test.

I only did the above after a blitz of removing the 5"x7" shed which housed most of the MG parts along with tons and tons of other stuff.


Shed Gone !

Most of the stuff is hived away in about 5 other locations till the new shed arrives ( Late August/Early Sept),  Still, a little bit of Concreting  and floor levelling to do first.

I've got/had all week off so plenty of time.
I should have been fitting the splash panels and undersealing the inner front wings, fitting splash panels and re-aligning driver door but its been raining most of the week, bloody typical !

The pubs are opening on Saturday though .........Whooopeeee !

More soon.







No comments: