Sunday, July 03, 2022

Trim triumph and wheel wins

 Just a short one today. I needed a leisurely day after another long week at work.

Started Sunday leisurely with a nice gentle 5 mile yomp from Hassop station to Monsal viaduct and back.

Home for a nap then up and pondering what to do.

Before I forget here is a picture of Workmate disaster which I forgot to include on the last post.



The replacements should arrive tomorrow, hope they fit.

Since I'd already marked out the new hardboard for the dash top I got to work with the jigsaw and sandpaper. That done I cut the vinyl and applied the aerosol glue. It was a new type, i.e not the usual Evostick so I was a little aprehesive. 

It worked a treat. It wasn't stringy and applied easily. The instructions said wait 10 mins for instant "grab" 20 mins for "adjustable "semi-permanent to permanent bond. 

It worked well. It was German, must know Mr Bosch. The dash top looked great. I'm not fitting it though until the electrics are sorted. So in the shed it went into to the RFFL  ( ready for fitting later) pile.

Whilst all that was going on I extricated the 5th wheel from the passenger compartment and set too with some 800 grit wet and dry to smooth over the debris around the rim/inner disc primer stuff. It sanded well with plenty of water and left a finish as smooth as a babys botton. The only area that needs attention is around the tyre valve, which will be adressed " en masse" when the tyres are removed.



Just a couple of shots of the new vinyl glued on.
No more bloody wheel shots as its been a long haul and they dont show much detail of the hard work anyway. 
Maybe/ deffo upload shots of the completed wheels prior to and post black quadrant attempt.

Another long week at work for me but a long weekend to follow so I have to arrange stuff.

Maybe do a bit of minor welding, maybe review the door gaps or Hammerite underside and wheel hubs.

I have some dosh to spend so front springs should be first and as another diversion I may fit front spoiler, or then again I may review rear cant rail.

Such is MG ownership and I love it.



No comments: