Thursday, October 03, 2024

Inside strides and staccato steps

 The Interior is almost complete. Mostly home made by me using mostly hardboard, contact adhesive, vinyl and 50p foam squares from the craft shop. Where no templates of the rotten old stuff were existing I made them from the masking tape and dirty thumb method.






By comparison the carpets were an absolute doddle to fit. Even the rear wheel arch fitted better than I thought it would and looks much better than I imagined.

The trouble is since it's all Black ( headlining, carpet, seats and trim ) it's very difficult to photograph clearly. The rear bench seat took some fiddling to get level as I'd lost the/ some hinge screws and had to resort the the dreaded Teemu screws, which incidentally have been great.
Not so the drills I purchased. I think they make them from OXO cubes.


They are not even the size stamped on them. I resorted to the good ole B&Q Bosch drills.

Next up was the sun visors. Major undertaking. Not what I expected and took several attempts, weeks and much thinking. I thought I may just get away with a nice coat of satin black.When I dug them out from the shed and tested their " flexibility" I could hear the foam crunching like granny's knees. 
So I bit the bullet and sliced one open.
I wish I hadn't.





Rusty, crusty and a disgusting mess inside. Even the wire frame had come apart and the foam was just a massive pile of sand.

Here is my attempt to make the body of the flap.



The story gets quite long regarding the outer vinyl cover after two failed attempts, plus I forgot the photo the finished ones.

There is still lots to tell and since I've not posted much I'll leave it for next time which will be soon.

And the Garage will be erected too by then.....yippee.

More soon....promise


No comments: