Sunday, March 04, 2007

All's well that ends well.......if it ever ends !


Not much has happened lately MG wise. To be honest the weather has been rubbish and my work life has been a bit up and down to say the least.
My sales area has increased to cover at least half of the UK, the half being the eastern half including London (inner and outer) and a strange place I've never heard of called Kent.
So it looks as thought my future is secure at least for the next six months even if it means more nights away from home.
The photo shows the repairs to the base of the windscreen and A post top. This is a very complex area to repair made even more difficult by the fact that I had no idea how it should look. The side was a big hole before I started and the other door/side is even worse.
How lucky for me its covered up by the wing and windscreen rubber........ eventually.
Solved the issue of the laptop.........I've got a new one !!!!. well another one at least which was a colleagues who has now left ( Bye Keef with the lovely teef ) I have also inherited half of his sales area too. Cor blimey, talk about vultures hoverin'.
The camera issue with the faulty cable has also been solved. Wife'y and I went to the local Jessops where we bought the Nikon Camera. However neither of us could remember the Model. No problem said the smooth as silk salesman, what you want is a card reader, its the same price and has the advantage of....... blah blah blah. Sold to the clueless couple for £14.99.
But, it works and its great. Now we can organise all the things we've lost digitally somewhere.
Still desperately short of funds for the project, short of good weather at weekends,
short of patience with teenage son no 1, short of ideas, short of skill panel beating, short on love and affection..............phew!! nearly burst into emotional outpouring there.
Get back to reality man.
So, almost finished one side of the car, except door and rear wing ( which I think is on the birthday prezzie list to wifey ( She's asked where they are bought from, so lookin' good )
My time has been take up by MG dreaming. What colour should I have it resprayed.
I'm thinking maybe Carmine Red with Black interior. Or Black as is now. Trouble is Black shows up any and every imperfection. For sure I'll fit an Club spoiler. I'm even thinking of lowering the suspension ( remember its a rubber bumper model which rides 1 - 1/2" higher) and converting it to a chrome bumper model ( extra £400 quid or so )
Answers on a post card please.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello mate. I'd definitely lower it, and if you can swing the cash I'd go for the chrome bumper look too - it's definitely better!

Keep the momentum going - you'll get there in the end :-)